April 16, 2008

Always a pleasure...

Thanks to the NJ Tax people, I had the "pleasure" of dealing with Jeremy today via email. And it made me remember just why it is that I'm glad he's out of my life.

Long story short, his uncle prepared our taxes that we filed jointly in 2004. Turns out there was an error to which we owe them more than we originally thought. I informed him that I would need him to pay half (which would be fair) or, since his uncle is an accountant and made the error, he could pay it. I was cordial and I gave him all the information he needed to send me the money.

He, instead, went his old-school route of being trite and rude and informed me that he would pay the full amount but that I would have to send him the slip from the government. Not wanting to do this, I told him to send the check to me made out to THEM and I'd send it off... Long story long, that's what's going to happen.

HOWEVER...

This latest (and hopefully LAST) encounter with Jeremy only served to remind me (yet again) how abusive he is and was. He's just a plainly rude and miserable person and that comes across even via email. Its not so much that he did or didn't end up paying for all of it... Its that he can't just say I'll pay it and here's the money. Instead he needs to always make it difficult and argue and make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. And he was always like this... He was a Picasso at being rude and abusive via email when we were together....from insulting me, insulting my family, calling me names, constantly threatening me with divorce - you name it, he did it both to my face and via email. And just seeing an email (or several as it turned out) from him brought it all back.

So it all boils down to it being another reason that I'm glad he's out of my life - mostly. And thanks (very sarcastically) to the NJ tax folks for forcing him back in...even if its just briefly! I hope this will be the last time I have to deal with him ever.